Internships & Externships
Why Intern With TSG?
Having an internship gives you experience in the career field you want to pursue. Not only does it give individuals an edge over other candidates when applying for jobs, but it also prepares them for what to expect in their field and increases confidence in their work. We offer on-the-job experience in the field on real jobsites, working with the latest technology and exposing our students to all that we can.
Throughout the intern process, we host weekly intern gatherings to catch up on what they’re working on, what they’ve learned, and what they’re liking or disliking thus far. We start every summer with an Internship Welcome/Kickoff and end the summer with an Internship Closeout where each intern gets up in front of the group and shares a project they worked on throughout the summer.
We enjoy having interns, as a lot of times they offer a very fresh insight on a variety of topics. It’s exciting to see their perspective on things from an outside point of view. Several of our past interns have come to work for us full-time and are still with Thompson Solutions Group!
An internship allows individuals to:
- Explore a career field hands-on
- Immerse themselves in a workplace environment while applying themselves to tasks and projects
- Apply skills learned from their studies to responsibilities relevant to their industry of interest
- Expand their knowledge of what it’s like to work inside a specific field while under the guidance of industry professionals
- Make career connections and strengthen their network
- Add value to their resume